Running from the Law: The Dog Days of Summer - Natasha

Monday, August 11, 2014

The Dog Days of Summer - Natasha


Hello!  My name is Natasha and I blog over at Schue Love.  I'm a mama to Ethan, my wild and crazy two year old.  I'm convinced he and Mac would be best friends!  ;)
But long before Ethan, there was Wilson...our lovable golden retriever.  See how happy and unaware he is in the picture above??  He was so spoiled and loved on {he still is today!}...and really had no idea what it meant to have a baby brother come into his life.
Notice that look above now?  Wilson is the quintessential nervous nelly...he is such a people pleaser and I think he was really worried about what this new "thing" was and how they should interact.
They had some good moments in the beginning...
But most of the time though...he has those worried eyebrows...and nervous nelly expression!
I would say he "puts up" with Ethan now...who would love to rough house with him and ride him like a pony, naturally.
Poor Wilson looks a bit more defeated here...but I assure you he still gets his share of love, despite how he might look.  And I won't lie, it was an adjustment.  I felt pretty guilty in the beginning but have soon realized that he and Ethan will get to a point where they are best buddies.
The summer has been especially fun because Ethan throws the tennis ball for Wilson...which he LOVES.  They're already well on their way!

Now that we have our second on the way, I'm sure I'll deal with the same emotions that I initially did with Wilson.  It's hard to believe that there's enough room in our heart to love another, but I guess our hearts just grow!

Thanks to Sara for having me today!!  Give a love to Mac and Mim for us!

xo natasha

4 comments:

  1. Wilson is a beautiful dog! He does look worried though! Poor guy! Glad to hear he is loving the toddler stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww big brother is taking care of the little one - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete